Friday, July 23, 2010

Antojitos Carmen (Boyle Heights)


There's lot's of things to love about this place: the neighborhood, the waitstaff (who never fail to offer a good suggestion for the indecisive), the huaraches that easily compete with the best of Highland Park, the complimentary chicken noodle soup that seems to come with every order, the creamy habanero salsa with the faint hint of Thai peanut sauce, and I haven't even tried the cemitas yet (loyalty to Cemitas Poblanas/how could they be better than Cemitas Poblanas?). I think what I love the most about Antojitos Carmen, though, is the simple adornment of roasted chile--suitably smoky and just spicy enough to slightly awaken your stomach--provided as an option for topping everything from the sopes to the chips. If there's a condiment I enjoy more in Boyle Heights I haven't found it yet.





Meal's end.

No comments: